Friday, February 16, 2007

The Infamous Debate... God - to be or not to be

Rahul: what is this shivaratri stuff?
Rashmi: shiva rathri ----> festive for lord shiva ? aren't you hindu?
Rahul: I hate the word
and the religion
in fact all religions
and I forgot
I dont give a damn for the God
or the Gods I meant
anyway.. whats shiva rathri for u?
Rashmi: Do not shun away things you do not beleive in
it is of value to someone else ;-)
Rahul: ok now.. why dont u answer my question. Whats shiva rathri to u?
Rashmi: It is a fast for lord shiva ---
See --- in this materialistic world -- different fasts and festivals are created for a reason ----
for humans to stop for a moment and recoup ---- it is a like recharging your batteries
Rashmi: shiva - rathri is one of them -- where you spend the whole night in either in the temple or at home concentratning on the infinite power
Rahul: see surprisingly
Rashmi: I respect your atheism --- I am sure you have a theory for it ----
Rahul: i thought I will spend the whole night today awake and doing something
so kinda my shiva rathri too
Rashmi: just like my firm belief in the almisty power
Rahul: ok god.
if I hear one more indication to swami.. I will curse him twice
Rashmi: see --- I told you I respect your aethism --- thus resiprocate by respecting my belief
Rahul: ok swami
as in swami's girl
Rashmi: ;-)
Rashmi: shiva rathri is in four stages ---
the times arew 9.00 - 12.00 - 3.00 and 600
usually there is a big pooja at these times in the temple ---
In SL --- I used to go to multiple temples
Rahul: and...
Rashmi: hire a van start from one corner of colombo and go to the other corner
try to make it to shiva temples at the above times
I used to cover around 12 temples ;-)
Rahul: this is just sounding too rummy
i meant.. cover 12 temples! who does that
Rashmi: rummy --- what does that mean
Rahul: is ur family into preisthood?
rummy - Beyond or deviating from the usual or expected
priesthood I meant.
Rashmi: no no -----
they are pretty releigious
I like it --- a mix of materialistic life and religion
Right after my A/L ( advanced level) --- I used to go for some releigious discourses
I had a few friend who were into it ---
Rashmi: The Ramakrishna mission priests from India are amazing
Rahul: goes to the temple ever so often
Rashmi: thats a nice habbit you know ---
Rahul: pls dont get me started. I : God :: Hitler : Jews
Rashmi: To me ---- releigion to human is like a operating system to a computer
Rahul: so what happens to the irreligious Computers
Rashmi: PLEASE DO NOT COMPARE RELIGIOUS FANATISM and religious beliefs
Rahul: I think religions to humans are more like Spam to Inbox and Virus to Computers
fanatism is plain stupidity and is not even in the picture
Rashmi: They are baseless ----
you are talking talking about hitler and jews in the context of releigion
Rahul: even believing in god is bad, religion is like worse.. and fanatism is worst
that was to give u a perspective of the word Hate
Rashmi: I agree that there is releigous fanatism and I oppose it
but I cannot blame releigion for it ------
Rahul: its religion
Rashmi: desruption in the world is inevitable --- religions is just used as a tool --- if not releigion something else will be used
Rahul: i dont know how man came out with the concept of God.. and of course the creativity behind creating religion is extraordinaire
Rashmi: religion is not creativity -- it is realisation ----
Rahul: thats so corny
Rashmi: it is a "way to live life" ----
sad to here religion and corny in the same sentence
Rahul: i can use religion with a lot of other worse words in the same sentence
dont be mad
Rashmi: Rahul --- whether you like it or not ---agree or not --- religion is a beatiful concept ---- try to read a few books --- start with Bhagavat Gita ----
Rahul: i will read all of them
but not with the idea of adopting a religion
Rashmi: I agree it is used wrongly be people --- but it is still a beautiful
Rahul: pls.. there is enough in the world to devote time to.. instead of putting it into religion
Rashmi: like what?
Rahul: like saving nature, species,
curing ills such as Iraq
and other man made disasters
like Kashmir for me.. North of Srilanka to u
religion is the last thing we should devote time to
its man made and so is God
imagine a world without God
Rashmi: when you loose everything in life -- you need something to cling onto ---
Rahul: peaceful!
how abt Karma
cling to Karma
Rashmi: you need to believe in something
you beleive in arma?
Karma?
Rahul: Karma = good deed
thats abt it
Rashmi: you beleve in it?
Rahul: not in karma for a better life next time or some crap like that
I believe in my own version of Karma. Not that if I do bad deeds.. its gonna comeback to me but because its natural to do good deeds
or at least we should do unconditional good deeds
Rashmi: karma is not about better life --- it is about the purpose of life --- is the finance account of each soul ---
Rahul: but I guess we cant get all to believe the same so we get god and religion into it
to each his/her own version of karma
Rashmi: exactly ---
Rahul: anyway so just because we are corrupt or stupid to not understand what say PI is.. we tell everyone a different version of PI but not the true value of
Rashmi: you said it all ----- human mind is so fickle , it needs to be given a physical form to hold onto
Rahul: 3.1415926535897932384626433832792
and so on and so forth
Rashmi: thus the temples and the statues in it
for a person like you --- who could see beyond that --- you do not need temple, rituals etc etc
Rahul: or God for that matter!
Rashmi: you see god in "peace" in "cause"
Rahul: Do u mind if I put this chat on a blog
without ur and my name on it?
Rashmi: ya --- I think you beoleive in god too --- you just do not admit is
it
ok ----
Rahul: yes I believe in God.. Hating God
Rashmi: without my name
Rahul: :)
and mine of course
We will make u --.. tell me what name u want?
Rashmi: you just do not like the word god --or the physical form ---
Rahul: or the concept?
Rashmi: you are in the third stage or seeing god in eeverything
Rahul: see let me explain u what I mean.. suppose man had never thought of God and had only thought of Karma and that was brought down centuries after centuries.. and ppl were told to do good things etc.. all the time.. world would be different
so God is just taking the limelight where it should be something else
Rashmi: God could be perceived in three forms ---
Aruvam , Uruvam and Aruvuruvam
Rahul: now u r enroute to disclosing who u r
not many ppl know this stuff
Rashmi: Uruvam --- physical form --- which my small fickle mind needs --- the temple and its rituals
aruvuruvam --- shivalingam -- semi form
aruvam --- no form but deed --- which you believe in
the end cause is always the same --- you do not hate god ---- you hate the rituals and temple
who said you are an aethist?
Rahul: actually atheist dont believe in existence of God
I certainly do believe in existence of a concept.. I however hope it would be better to eradicate the concept
Rashmi: you believe in "peace" , "love" , Karma and good deed --- you beleive in god
Rahul: well ur definition of God is too broad to accomodate all
Rashmi: i cannot speak for other religions --- but Hinduism is a customiseable religion
you could fit it to your size ;-)
Rahul: wait till u see this text online
Rashmi: mine is in the low end --- I need the temple and rituals
Rahul: ppl will hail u as a South Indian Priest
Rashmi: yours is in thought and deed
I am not a priest --- I just happen to appreciate the beauty of Hinduism
Rahul: ok ok
Rashmi: you may want to do a spell check before you put this online;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

Unknown said...

SEO considers how search engines work and what people search for.
Optimizing a website may involve editing its content and HTML and
associated coding to both increase its relevance to specific keywords
and to remove barriers to the indexing activities of search engines.
Promoting a site to increase the number of backlinks, or inbound links,
is another SEO tactic.
=================
SEO services